Skip to main content
This is probably staring me right in the face, but I am very new to K2 and I am just not getting it. We have an InfoPath form and a K2 process that is working nicely--except I can't get the last bit. When the form is complete, I want the file saved in the form library it has been in all the way through the process. What I have tried is through each InfoPath Activity and Event, selected Delete Temporary files until the last InfoPath Form Event. At that point there are two lines with line rules, one will send the form back to a point earlier in the process, the other will send it to default Activity that has a server mail event to let the originator know that the form has been closed. This is where I want the form to be saved, in its completed state, to the form library on the WSS site....

Help, Help!

Thanks
Hi,

All you need to do is add a SharePoint 2003 Document Event template in the last activity and set the action to Upload. You'll have to specify the document name, make sure that you use a unique name else errors will be thrown if you have a document with the same name already existing in SharePoint.

The last thing is to specify the location of your Source Document. You'll use a K2.net field, just select the whole XML data field where your IP doc is stored (usually called "K2InfoPathSchema").
This just gives me the xml data, tho, not the completed form. What would I need to do to store the completed form?
I had a similar issue when I specified a filename from one of the process fields but forgot to give the file an xml extension that InfoPath would require. When I opened it in SharePoint it just opened raw xml instead of apply the InfoPath template to the xml file.

Try adding (concatenating) ".xml" to the end of the file name in the SharePoint Document event template when it asks for a filename and see if that helps.

Regards,
Tim
You hit the nail on the head--works perfectly now, thanks so much!