Skip to main content

For anyone wanting an example workflow to test and play with in SharePoint 2010, here is a package containing the following which I put together for a demo.

• Registration for Training workflow
  • Registration List
  • The DUCERIM Process Form
  • Training Calendar List

The scenario is a calendar list that tracks events and a registration list that tracks registrants for the events.  The workflow captures information from the user, creates a new registration and provides some level of calculations for the event attendance numbers.  Its pretty simple, but if you have questions, let me know.

FYI: It also has a readme.pdf file to help set it up.  Its based on SharePoint 2010, but I will work to create a new one in SharePoint 2013 and include Nintex Forms for that one.

Please leave your comments about it if you use it.

Thanks,

Eric

Trying to get this working and when I Publish the workflow it will not Publish saying it needs to do the Create item which says Create Child Registration Item. I guess not being at the demo I missed out on how this works ...but it is doing the function of what I need

Donald, lets connect to see if we can get this working for you.

Love the idea and looking to implement similar functionality. Just wondering if you've managed to create one for SharePoint 2013?

Stephen,

I unfortunately haven't created anything for it yet.  But thanks for pinging me about it.  Let me see what I can put together.

Thanks Eric. I did manage to get the lists into SP13 and was able to view the workflow as well.

Can you provide a screenshot of the error.  The other thing is to check and ensure that all the actions have been completed or configured correctly.

Cassandra,

I have been slowing working on this and need to speed it up 🙂.  Let me see what I can do 🙂.

I'm getting the same error. Here's a screenshot:

184357_pastedImage_0.png

I also get this error when clicking on the RegistrationList

184385_pastedImage_0.png

Sample Training Calendar and Registration Workflow on SP2010 Like many others, I'm trying to get this working however when I Publish the workflow it will not Publish saying it the "Create item needs to be configured"... After importing the .nwf, I notice that there isn't a Create item action block in the workflow... Eric Harris; How about updating the files or providing an explanation here to the problem the users like myself have encountered?

nwf capture.JPG

Hi I just downloaded the zip file but didn't see the presentation in there. Where could i grab a copy of that please? very interested in how this works and seeing if i can get it to work with sharepoint online and nintex

Justin,

In Nintex, you should be able to drag the "create item" action and replace that within the workflow. I will try and recreate the entire workflow myself to see if I can update all the actions. 

I know that this forum is on the older side but I am looking for something exactly like this.  Has anyone been able to find the presentation?  If i can see how it works, I should be able to figure out what needs to be created in the child registration item.  Or even better...if you were able to find for Sharepoint 2013.

Thanks.

Did this get resolved?  I have the same error but need to know where the 'create item' needs to go within the workflow please

Hi Claire.  The create a child item goes between the Math Operation and the Notification of Successful Registration.  I am still trying to see if I can find the demo online to see at how it works.

I was able to resolve this issue by editing the page. Edit the web part and set the tool bar to summary hit apply. Then the list shows up. Then you can change it back to full and hit apply then save the page.

Hi Jason, i followed your steps in the same calendar for SP2016:
https://community.nintex.com/t5/Template-Gallery/SharePoint-Training-Calendar-Template/ta-p/87399

but again also i was stuck on how to configure the "Create Item" control

can you please advise how to configure it to make use of it?
many thanks