Skip to main content

Symptoms

Runtime URL not defaulting to HTTPS

Diagnoses

I have reconfigured both K2 Blackpearl and Smartforms using the setup manager to use a new Host Header on both HTTP and HTTPS specifying SSL as the default.

When we browse to the ‘Open Form’ link on the K2 Worklist or view the content of the JSON response from https://k2demo.dsldev.local/K2Api/api/worklistitem the returned Runtime URL is HTTP (I have tested with a newly created instance!).

I have checked the Environment Fields under the Environment Library and the String Table under the Workflow Server. All URLs appear to be valid and SSL has been set as default.

The output from the Autodiscover appears to be correct - see attached.

Where else should I be looking to specify HTTPS as the default?

Resolution

1.Via Workspace , goto your Environment Field Templates and make sure that you have the SmartForms Runtime SSL Field pointing to the current URL and that it's set to Default (do this for all Environment Templates

2.Next goto the StringTable (the global one under Workflow Server in Workspace , Management Console . Make sure that your SmartForms Runtime SSL field is updated to the same value as the one in the Environment Field Templates (This is the actual value that the K2 Designer and Runtime uses to generate the SmartForm URL's)

So in summary ... It uses the Environment Field Templates to check while Environment Field is the Default , and it uses the String Table for the actual Runtime value

Be the first to reply!