Skip to main content

Symptoms

Rules Designer OK button suddenly stopped closing form. Cannot save changes in Rules designer

Diagnoses

This error typically occurs when there is a smartform that has 19 views. When try to configure a rule and then further trying to save the rule, you are not able to save the rule with the form eventually timing out or hanging.

Resolution

Issue:

We have been developing a smart form and have added several new views. This development was started earlier in the week by a colleague and I am completing it today. He has been through several iterations of saving the form. Just before he finished yesterday he suddenly started being unable to save any changes in the Rules designer. The ok button to save rule changes can be clicked but the designer modal window does not close. I am experiencing the same problem today.

Resolution:

To fix this issue please apply the following to your environment.

Within the smart form folder (Program Files (x86) >>> K2 Blackpearl >>> K2 Smartforms apply the following for both Design Time and Run Time Web Config files:

- Increase the ‘Max Request Length’ from its default value “16384” to “195384”
- Run an IIS reset and also a service restart.
- Rerun the form and see if you can now configure and save rules.

I just tried this today and I can add or modified rules and my "OK" button works and saves my work!!  Thank you for posting this workaround.