Skip to main content

Symptoms

I am using RetryError(int,int,string) method defined in WorkflowManagementServer class to programmatically retry K2 errors. This method returns a bool value. Can you explain what the return value really mean? For example, let’s say a workflow instance failed at ManagerReview step because the manager’s email address is missing. I call RetryError API to retry this step. When this step is retried, the manager’s email address is still missing which causes the step to fail again. In this case, will RetryError return true or false?

Also, I looked up the documentation of this method from here: http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/DevRef/current/default.htm_../Subsystems/Default/Content/topic28276.html. Unfortunately, the documentation provides no information about this method.

Diagnoses

“The value that is returned from RetryError is not based on if the workflow is back in running state or not, it is based on “has the RetryError command been send to the Server successfully”

Resolution

If there is no error with the repair that is executed that’s returned from management, then it will always return TRUE, it does not “listen” if the repair goes through, K2 Server does the repair and puts the server back in running state, if you have not repaired the issue, it will just return into an error state, and show in the error profiles.”

Be the first to reply!