Skip to main content

I have a few instances of a process that have thrown an error. I have since tracked down the source of the error, and have deployed a new version with a fix for the bug.

Is it possible to retry the instances of the process that are in error, but force them to use the new version of the process?
If so, how do I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this!

Hi Blake,

Thanks for the great information - I knew about Process Management, but didn't know that the new version deployed only affected the instances that are in error.

I have one problem with this technique, which hopefully you may be able to shed some light on. I currently have an unrelated problem, in which the datasources of the infopath web form are not updated correctly when you deploy to production (see note 14497 - https://portal.k2workflow.com/support/report/snapshot.aspx?id=14497)

Any idea on what will happen to my forms if I use Process Management to fix the error and then re-deploy? The workaround for this problem is to look at the template for the form in the form library, save it as its source files, and then re-publish it to the form library. I am a little concerned that if I use process management to fix the error, I will then need to use this workaround, which will then overwrite my production form? This would have the potential to stop all of the latest versions of the form from working, so I am a little hesitant to try this.

Thanks again for the info, and if you have any ideas on the best way to go here it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Blake, thanks very much for getting back to me

Is there any way I can confirm that the form templates are not re-deployed?

It sounds like it might be OK, unfortunately I only have a development and a production environment, so I am not going to be able to test it in my development environment - when I deploy to the development environment, the forms deploy without a problem, it is only when I deploy it to a different (production) site collection that the problem arises.

Regards

Richard

Thanks blake.   Good stuff

Awesome - thanks very much for that Blake!

I have now used this to fix all of my processes that were in error - what a great feature (now that I know how it works)!!

Thanks again for you assistance on this - I really appreciate you taking the time to test that for me!

Blake,

We just redeployed a process to fix a specific issue (via process management) and, while the InfoPath form was not deployed, the process itself seems to be tied to the InfoPath form on my local drive.  That is, users that open the task get an InfoPath error indicating that the form template cannot be found at xxx where xxx is the path of the item on my own local drive.  Is that something that you have experienced?  Is there any way to fix it without redeploying the process completely? 

Blake,

You are correct, that is exactly what we are experiencing.  I was able to resolve the problem by going to the _ProcXml table and modifying the Value and MetaData values from href="c:...." to href="http:...".  This fixed all new requests (after restarting the K2 service).  As for my existing requests, I located the infopath xml in the list where they are stored on SharePoint (configured during the InfoPath Integration Wizard) and made the same modification to them.

I haven't reported this as a bug, I chalked it up to not fully understanding what a repair process does when there is InfoPath integration involved.

Hi all,

what happens if the process is not in an error state in the system. however its logically wrong witht the flow and i want to force the exisiting process the run the latest workflow. Anyway it can be done? (the k2 process management seems cannot see the working process, only see error process.

cheers,
martin

Currently there isn't a way to move an instance to a new process version. However there the next version of K2 is expected to expose this functionality via Live Instance Management API.  There is some discussion on this topic here:  http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/30445.aspx