Skip to main content

Hello!

I think this should be straight forward but am unfortunately getting no-where working out how to do it.

We need to get a file added to a document library and add it to a SharePoint list as an attachment.  I have set up the list as a SmartObject so that I am able to make use of the 'Add attachment' method, BUT I am not able to get hold of the file in the document library!

I have set up the Document Library as a SmartObject as well as this has the 'Retrieve document' method that returns the content and file name required for the 'Add Attachment' method, BUT this (Retrieve Document) method wants a name - I've tried using various fields for this, the Doc Lib Item ID, the Parent Leaf Ref, the item URL and a few others.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get hold of the file name for the 'Retrieve Document' method and if that's not possible - how can I go about getting the document from the doc lib to the list?

Any help greatefully received!!

Helen

Have  you tried the document name that is returned with the method Get List] in the property Name]?

Jannes - thank you that's worked and I now have attachments as required.

Thanks again,

Helen