Skip to main content

Hey there everyone,

I'm producing a workflow for an approval process using K2 BlackPearl. There is only the one InfoPath form and a separate view for each approver in the approval chain.  At the moment a user can freely switch to any other view which is obviuosly a serious issue. The approvers change from one project to another, i.e. they may have a
certain role in one approval chain but a very different one in another, meaning that the restriction of views should not be linked to login but to their role in the workflow. Does anyone have any advice on how to restrict a view depending on where they fit into the workflow of a given project as opposed to their position/role in the organisation overall? If possible I would like to avoid using code/XML as the organisation will be maintaining the system after handover.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

biscuitbox

In the InfoPath client event you can choose which view is presented to the user.  In InfoPath design mode you can select whether to give the user the ability to switch views.  To prevent users from seeing the InfoPath XML in K2 reports you should set the 'Hidden' checkbox of the InfoPath XML DataField.

While this is adequate for documents that do not require high security, if  you are using the InfoPath client any user who knows how will be able to see the entire XML behind the form template regardless of the view settings.

Hi, I've been having the same problem.

icon-quote.gifDavidL:

In the InfoPath client event you can choose which view is presented to the user.  In InfoPath design mode you can select whether to give the user the ability to switch views. 

That's exactly what I've looking for but I haven't been able to find this option. Where is it located?

Thanks,

sphynx

I found it, and thought that I might post this in case someone else had the same trouble I did. I just threw this onto the end of the last post so I don't double-post =P

I fished around and found that it works if you go to the Design Tasks pane on the right-hand side > Views > View Properties. Within the first tab (General) uncheck the Show on the View menu while filling out the form box. That seems to work =)

sphynx