Skip to main content

I have a question on the correct approach for a the following scenario:

We have a SharePoint list using SmartForms and K2 Workflow.

Right now, the workflow is set to run when an item is added to the list.

In the workflow, there is an escalation set for a date from the item - the item has a date field for a specific milestone, and we escalate the client event task 2 days prior.

How do I handle for that date changing? All I can think of is that I should run the workflow when an item is added or when it is updated, and somehow ... cancel the workflow that is currently running from the new instance?

I saw this:

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Escalation-Timers-Is-there-a-RESET/td-p/42583

But it was from 2010, so I was hopeful there would be a way to do this.

I'm new to K2, so it may just be that there is something here I am not understanding.

Thanks!

Hi Hilary

The same answer that Tim gave in the link you posted still applies. The escalation date is calculated when the process/activity/event starts and the only way to reset this is to expire the event/activity and start it again.

Thanks - and is it possible to do that within the workflow?

Does the workflow have to be set to start on item add and item update?

It seems to me that when the workflow starts on an update, it would have to go expire previous activities that were created when it ran for the item being added (if the date in question changed) - is that correct, or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks for your patience. :)