Skip to main content

I would like to know if a repeating table with dropdown list can be created using smartforms

I have a list on SharePoint that has 3 columns where columns B and C are dependent on selecting a value from column A

I do have a SmartObject created with a GetList method , and the only option I was able to find is to generate a view which only allows to display the whole list  and I am able to add a tool Bar Button control with the option to Add/Remove and save

See an example of the view I would like to configure with the capability of inserting  a row and deleting a row using SmartForms

11403iAA05D95420D3648B.png

Is there a similar functionality as infopath repeating table in SmartForms?

Thank you

Hi,

I would suggest that you try using an SmartForms Editable List View. This is basically a table view that allows for Adding, Editing, and Deleting of records bound to a SmartObject. Also a textbox may be substituted with various controls, including a drop-down list allowing for easy data entry.

Regards,

Hi,

I have not received any feedback from you regarding this post. have you managed to work through the issue at hand?

Regards,

Hi Taariq,

Thanks for your suggestion, we did use a SmartObject Getlist method and a Smartform View to pull the data  similar to the screen shoot below. We added the ability to Add/Delete and Save functions  and we've tested it and it does achieve what we wanted to do similar to the repeating table on InfoPath

14346iB06474A9B8760B7E.png

Thanks again for your help

Kal.

Hi Rogers,

Where the information provided by “Taariq” able to help? 

If the information “Taariq” provided answered all your questions as needed, can the post be marked as Solution. {The post that helped}

Let me know if there is something you are still unclear about.

Regards

Quintin 

Hi Taariq,

We can use list view as a repeatable section when we add new item, could you please tell how this repeatable section will be displayed on display smart form for multiple items in this section.

Please see attached screenshots for more information and clarity

11436i8A2502C22B05E9B6.png
12884i5D65007C6A65A54F.png
12527i5C5CC66F7EDE9EA5.png