Skip to main content

Dear Community,

when I build a workflow, I forgot to rename the Default Activity and it's kind of weired to continue with the same default name, I can rename the activity but this activity has been associated with lots of rules and other stuffs which I believe will be cleared out and end up messing around. So, what is the best way to handle this kind of situation without creating a new default activity. Thank you.

Dear IPO, 

That is a tough decision to make, because when you change the name of the activity, the form rules don't change to reflect that. If you change rules, but you miss one, there may not be an error to tell you that something is wrong, so the unchanged rule may persist for a while causing problems down the road. 

I suggest creating a document that goes along with the project that associates Forms and Rules with Workflow Activities. This is something easy to create early on the the life of a project, but difficult if the project has become overly large and intericate. If this project is growing, and will be taken over by more people or a team, I suggest renaming sooner rather than waiting for it to grow even bigger. If the project is in production and working fine, and will stay the same, you can keep it the same, and have the lessson learned for the next project. 

Chad

Thank you Chadg,

Lesson learned and try to impose proper documentation of the process.