Skip to main content

Hi All,

I am new to k2 blackpearl and InfoPath 2010. I've searched for some help on this, but cannot find a solution. I'm trying to create a custom submit button in an InfoPath 2010 filler form. This is required to run formatting rules to indicate requried fields on multiple views on the form. The form is integrated into a blackpearl workflow and I'm using VS 2010 for development.

In my InfoPath template, I tried to uncheck the "Show the Submit button in both the Ribbon and the Info tab in the InfoPath Filler" in the Submit Options. However, when I "Refresh" the template in the InfoPath Integration settings, my changes are overridden and the checkbox becomes checked for "Show the Submit button in both the Ribbon and the Info tab in the InfoPath Filler". How can I hide the Submit button in the ribbon?

Thanks in advance,
Andrea

It is very common to remove the submit button from the ribbon.  I'm not sure why it is not working for you.  Are you only editing the InfoPath form design from the K2 wizard, or are you editing the file outside of the wizard?  The recommended approach is to edit only from the wizard.

Hi Andrea

I noticed that I'm experiencing the same issue.  Looks like K2 reenables the submit in the ribbon when deploying.  I'm not sure if this is a bug with a particular build.  I'm running blackpearl 4.5 build 1320 and using InfoPath 2010 but using the 2007 Filler Form.

I've found a workaround in my test environment but haven't tested it extensively.

I have a custom submit button that calls its own rules rather than just adding a submit button to the form which I suspect would be a requirement for this workaround (easy to do as you just need to copy the submit rules K2 adds to the "Submit Options" to your custom submit button.

1.  Deploy your K2 process which also deploys your infopath form to SharePoint.

2.  Open the InfoPath form in design mode from the K2 Project location in the "InfoPath Form Templates" subfolder.

3.  Goto the Data tab and click on the Submit Options and unselect the "Allow users to submit this form"

4.  Publish the form directly from InfoPath to the SharePoint form library

Now when I open the form the Submit ribbon is gone.  Unfortunately, this would need to be done after every deployment.

Hi Tim,

Further to below, the workaround (i.e. steps 1-4) did work for me, until I went back into visual studio 2010 to make changes to the workflow. The solution opened and I was able to see all activities and events. However, if I selected an infopath even to edit, visual studio crashed (closed without warning). To restore my solution, I needed to use an older version of the infopath form (before I had re-published to the sharepoint site outside of visual studio).

Did you experience this behaviour?

Thanks,
Andrea

________

Thanks Tim. That workaround worked well for me. It is a pain though with the many extra steps. 

I am also using blackpearl 4.5 build 1320, and InfoPath 2010 designer, but 2010 InfoPath filler. Would you know if this is a bug that may be addressed in future versions?

Thanks again for your help,
Andrea

Hi David,

I am editing the InfoPath form externally to the wizard. Unfortunately, I need to have both InfoPath 2003 and InfoPath 2010 installed on my machine as we are in the process of upgrading all of our InfoPath integrated workflows, but we still need to support InfoPath 2003 forms. When I try to access the form from inside the wizard, InfoPath 2003 Designer comes up - I haven't found a way to change that behaviour.

However, Tim's workaround is working, I will stick with that for now.

Thanks for the help,
Andrea

Hi 

I have tried  your steps but its shows me a error. i have using k2 studio 4.12300 version. when i unselect the "user Allow to submit" options the form template  has been error in k2 studio. then i unchecked the option its refreshed normally.

Regards,

Naveen