Skip to main content

Hi

I am running the GetUsers smartobject to query AD ... I am passing in the Managers username to get back their team..

The above is all working as it should .. i get the managers team members..

BUT ..

I am getting back DISABLED in AD users also..

Does anyone know how to filter out  the disabled users from the resultset ?

Many thanks

Bill

Hi Bill_Irvine,

To clarify, is the smartobject that you are using to execute the "GetUsers" method a custom smartobject or an out-of-box smartobject (like UMUser or AD User)?

Is the enabled/disabled information a property in the smartobject or do you just know by happenstance that the user is disabled in Active Directory?

When K2 caches information for a group or user, it calls Active Directory to grab that information. Between cacheing cycles, which are every 8 hours by default, if a user is disabled in Active Directory, K2 will then disable the user in the Identity Cache, but the information for that user still exists within K2 in an inactive state. Smartobjects like UMUser will call from K2's cached results for group or user properties.

It sounds like either you are using a smartobject to directly query Active Directory or you may be stuck between caching cycles for the group/user you are calling. If enabled/disabled is a property in your smartobject you are bringing back, you can create a filter on the smartobject execution that can bring back only enabled users.

-Savannah

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I am using the smartobject tester and using UMUser & the ADUser GetUsers method (filtering by managers name - so that i can retreive the managers active team members).

The user is DISABLED in Active driectroy - but is still being returned by both of the above smartobject methods.

Many thanks

Bill