Skip to main content

Hi,

On our productive system in k2server has occured RemotingException.

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Object </e574f628_ed13_4b91_8adb_d3eb4e82e1b2/fOWuwFopy4Yqxu7FkEy_4Jwg_18548.rem> has been disconnected or does not exist at the server.

Server stack trace:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.CheckDisconnectedOrCreateWellKnownObject(IMessage msg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.SyncDispatchMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at n0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at SourceCode.KO.ServerEventContext.get_ActivityInstanceDestination()
   at K2Code12732.Main(ServerEventContext K2) 

Each day about 10 workflows is affected.Workaround of this problem is to repair error from k2.net 2003 service manager one workflow by one.
Repairing multiple workflows at once caused error reoccurs (for same workflow instance).  

Error start to occurs after: modification of our workflows (changing code for sending emails) and appling k2server patch SP4.

Exception seems to be thrown from custom code in server event from line:

public

void Main(ServerEventContext K2){

//...

K2.ActivityInstanceDestination.DataFieldst"approversOk"].Value = false;

}

Our custom code in workflow is .NET 1.1. It isn't using nor remoting namespace nor MarshalByRefObject class.  

On productive system we have 2 instances of k2server with web ballancing. K2servers have SP4 patch. Are running on windows 2003 server.

I have read article, about remoting exceptions.

http://www.webreference.com/programming/csharp/webservices/chap6/2/5.html

I have appliled configuration of remoting lifetime to k2server.exe.config to node configuration, but it doesn't seem to have efford on exception:

<system.runtime.remoting>
      <application name="SimpleServer">
         <lifetime leaseTime = "1S" sponsorshipTimeOut = "1S" renewOnCallTime = "1S" pollTime = "1S" />
       </application>
   </system.runtime.remoting>

Do you have ever similar exception in k2 server?

Best Regards,

Andrzej

Hi

We have similar exception, and similar environment. (K2.net 2003 SP4 NLB)

Is there any solution?

Regards, Zsolt

We also are getting similar errors in a similar K2.net environment.  Could they have to do with a assembly call taking too long to return in a event with K2.Syncronous=true?

Have any of you guys or others found a solution for this issue...

Or did some additional investigation ??

Any findings ??

Object '/453a97df_6fbb_4618_b2f2_11df20154ce5/1zhifgabzpdb93wo7phtfrlm_3662.rem' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server.

Just got a few of these today on a step that potentially takes a while to return.   Repair individually fixes it.   I already wrote the API to repair one every 30 seconds.

>Edit] Yes -- this was the case when external process took too long to return.

>Edit] I am getting more of this, how do I configure timeouts?

>Edit 7/2/2013]  Got a few again after years of not seeing them, repaired item.