Skip to main content

Hi,

One of the concepts I'm trying to wrap my head around is the relationship between K2 blackpearl farms and SharePoint farms. The impression I get is that there is a one-to-one mapping of K2 to SharePoint farms. In other words a SharePoint farm can support a single K2 farm and a K2 farm can support a single SharePoint farm.

In the Supported Topologies document there is a section about multiple farms (http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/ICG/4.6.9/webframe.html#Multiple_SharePoint_K2_Farms.html) and it looks like it's 1-to-1.

Is my understanding correct, or is it possible for a SharePoint farm to use more than one K2 farm or alternatively for a K2 farm to be used by more than one SharePoint farm?

Please let me know!

Thank you.

Hi JanG,

I can say with some certainty that you can attach multiple sharepoint instances to the same K2 server, so I know you can have a 1-to-many relationship from that side.

As for multiple K2 servers pointing at the same sharepoint farm, aside from a load balanced K2 server configuration, I can't really put my head around a use case where we would need multiple K2 instances pointing to a single sharepoint.  Theoretically yes, I think it's possible, but I can't imagine it being useful.

Regards,

Mike