Skip to main content

Hey guys.

This type of work is pretty new to me.  What I am trying to do is get the URL to my document library ( preferably a specific view) so that I can add it to a link in an email notification so that when users close the form, it routes them back to the document library in a specific view.( &source={myurl} )

What I've tried so far is to use the Regular Expression action to create a variable that's set as the URL.

I can't figure out how to extract the first part of my URL, and eliminate the "/filename.pdf" at the end.  I want to make this as a variable specifically because this is being created in a stage environment and it will be migrated to production.

is your document library name the same in all environments?

if so you could use build string to set your redirect url and concatenate the "common" system variable "Web URL" and the library name to build it?

• Web URL – The full URL of the site in which the workflow is running.

The names will remain the same once we move it into production (thank you sharegate).

Cassy Freeman - Thank you!

I used the build string action as you said.

In the Text box I put :

{Common:WebUrl}/MyLibraryName/forms/MyViewName.aspx

This returned the URL is exactly what I was looking for.

I went back to my email notification and deleted my link and replaced it with {Common:ApprovalUrl}&source={WorkflowVariable:MyVariable}

Works like a charm!

Fantastic news Wayne Paliwoda

can you make an answer as correct to close out the discussion happy.png