Skip to main content

Symptoms

When registering a SQL Server Service instance, we see the service object time out all the time.

Diagnoses

After looking at the SQL DB, we noticed that there were -30K tables and 20K stored procedures. When creating a service object this big, there are bound to be timeouts. Even after increasing the "CommandTimeout" value, we still saw a timeout when creating a service object.

Resolution

We explicitly denied the K2Service account rights on all the tables and stored procedures. After that, you can assign the K2Service account rights on all the objects that it needs. This way, we will not create a definition for ALL the objects. Instead, we will create definitions on JUST the objects that the K2Service account has rights on. This should stop the timeout errors. You can later give the K2Service account rights on other objects and refresh the service instance on a as needed basis.

I am also in the same situation. I have db with 45K tables . can you please tell me how to explicitly deny the K2Service account rights on all the tables and stored procedures and assign the K2Service account rights on all the objects that it needs? appreciated