Skip to main content

I'm developing a Blackpearl workflow that uses an Infopath form in a Sharepoint library. At one point it splits into two parallel paths, with each splitting into two more parallel paths. It seems that when the first activity in path A is completed, when you open the first activity in path B the activity instance xml is not updated from the process instance because the values saved in the first don't show up.

Is there a way to do this in Blackpearl? I need to refresh the activity instance xml from the process instance whenever an activity task is opened.

We have one very complex K2.net 2003 workflow process that uses Infopath/Sharepoint, and the infopath form has a data connection that calls a web service. The web service name is K2IPRefresh, the only webmethod is GetInfopathXML, which takes the K2 serial number as a parameter.  I think this was written by a K2 consultant way back in about 2005 before I inherited the project.

Maybe the purpose of this is to do exactly what I need to do ... upon opening the infopath task get the most recent version of the process xml. This web service was written in old vb code, and I am very much a rookie when it comes to c# code. Is there a built in K2 method to do this? It seems like there needs to be one.

Any help would be appreciated ... I can supply the existing code if necessary.

Steve

Hi Steve,

You have to understand the activity instance data fields are only available to that current activity where the process is at. In other words, the activity data field in activity A cannot be seen or read from Activity B. If you need data fields that span across activities then you need to use a process data field. I am not sure how the rest of your process works, but I think the important thing to understand is that you need to use process data fields to let your data be visible throughout the process. 

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have more questions.

Regards,

G