Skip to main content

I'm using K2 Blackpearl build 605 (pre-4.5).

I have a K2 project in VS2005 with workflows, but these workflows need to execute some code on occasion that calls ODP.net methods to pull data out of an Oracle database.

I have this working fine one way... I install the client on the K2 server, add a reference to the Oracle.DataAccess.dll from the GAC using the K2 project reference wizard, and then in my code events, simply use the assembly.

However, I'd like to be a little less amateur with the coding, and add another project to my solution to use as a data access layer, then simply call its functions from the K2 layer.  I planned on just writing my DAL, then referencing that project in the project reference wizard of the K2 layer.  The wizard lets me add the project as a reference... but the code events do not seem to recognize it.  IntelliSense doesn't pick up my namespace or classes, and though the project compiles and deploys, the processes throw an "Object not set to instance of an object" error when run (I assume when they hit the code events referencing functions in the DAL).

Anyone know how to accomplish this the way I'd like to?  I'd really rather avoid mixing my data access code in with the code evens of the kprx files.

Thanks!

Be the first to reply!