Skip to main content

Hi there,

Newbie questions... What and/or how can a work item be re-assigned in K2 Blackpearl. I see the SharePoint web part provides the functionaloty to defer a work item to another person.With that said that only works for work items assigned to the current person, what if I wanted to re-assigned another person's work items?

For example,

What if a person has a work item assigned to them but that same person is off sick or annual leave and etc... (as they forgot to put their out of office on).

Is it possible for another person (like a system administrator), go into that process an re-assign the work item to someone else??

Any feedback would be good - thanks.

Hi,

In blackpearl there are a couple places where K2 workflow user administration can take place including redirecting of other users work, delegation and setting user's Out of Office for them if they forgot.  Take a look in the online help about the K2 Worspace.

K2 Workspace > K2 Management Console > Workflow Server Management

Another place where this type of administration can take place is in the K2 SharePoint Process Portal.  However, the K2 Process Portal template in SharePoint is not deployed automatically so you would have to create a new site in SharePoint and specify to use the K2 Process Portal template.  Here is a link to more information in the online help.

K2 Process Portals > K2 Process Portal - Overview

Thanks Tim. I will have a look at this options and let you know how I go.