Skip to main content

Hi,

I am newbie in the K2 world. I just want to write a smart object which can read the values from k2 enviroment library. Can anybody help?

Thanks

Can you tell a little bit about what you are tring to do?  Generally people do not access the environment library via SmartObjects.  They do it through the context browser or in a code event.

Hi David,

You are right. But in my case I want to use this smart object in my reporting services. I want to keep my environemt settings into k2 enviroment library and after creating the smart object (which will read from the environment library) I want to query against that smart object in my reports. Already I am using some smart object for my reports but that reads from different sources.

Thanks.

In that case, you would have to create a SmartObject Service to get data from the environment library.  This one should be pretty simple static service and there is an article here on UG that explains how to create services.
Thanks David. Could you please give me the link of that article.

Thanks David,

I got the link.

Here is the link just in case anyone else following the thread needs it.

http://www.k2underground.com/files/folders/technical_product_documents/entry21898.aspx

If I knew more about your specific requirements, there are probably other approaches as well.