Skip to main content

Does anybody have  suggestions/comments/samples of a "rework" outcome for an infopath form and k2 studio.  I am working on a process where the form may need to go back to the originator for more information.  I am having some problems working through this.  Has anybody done this if so could they share how they did it, Maybe a screen shot of the process as well.

Basically you are going to have 3 actions for the InfoPath client event...Approve, rework and decline. In a scenario like leave form submission if the initial user submits the form the process starts it then gets sent to the manager, the manager opens the form and if he thinks there is information needed,, he can then action with rework. This will then send the task back to the initial user.

If you have the BlackPoint training VPC (Denallix) you can look at the lab exercises (BlackPoint training) the time sheet approval is a good example of how the rework works.

The following link will be help alot: http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/blackpointtipsandtricks/archive/2009/03/18/actions-outcomes-and-line-rules.aspx

vernon

I will take a closer look at that lab excersise. I glossed over it the first time because it was using the web designer with a document (not infopath)... and i am using studio with an infopath form. I am having problems witht he thought procvess for an infopath form.  Right now I am thinking that I will need to add another view for the rework.

Don’t think it will be necessary to add a view, the reason I say this is if the form goes back for rework surely the same view as originally must be used?, but this all depends on what you want to do with the form. Just remember the line rule must validate whether the item goes to rework or not, depending on the action chosen.

Please let me know if you came right.

Vernon