Skip to main content

Hi,

Requirement:-

I have a Process which starts when an Item is created and goes through a series of Approval Process. (This works fine!!)

Now, I have a requirement if the Item which is Approved in the previous Approval process is edited to go through new steps.

The Problem:-

• I created a new process which triggers when Item is edited.(Done)
  • Now, If the Item is Edited before the previous Approval process, the Edit process works fine but when the Approval process is completd and then the Item is edited then the Workflow fails to start.

Any idea or is there something which i am doing worng.

I am using K2 Studio for the Workflow and the version is 4.6.9.

Thanks,

Arpit

Hi Arpit

There doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with what you are doing in theory, but you will need to provide some further information about what is happening when the workflow fails. I am assuming your workflow goes into an error state? Can you provide the error message you are getting (in K2 workspace). 

If i had to guess from the info you have provided I would say that it is some type of data issue that is causing the error.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for replying.

As you suggested to looked into the K2 Workspace, New instance never gets created(If i edit the item once it is Approved.)

A new instance is only created. If, i edit the item before the first Approval process is completed then the "Edit" Workflow commences and creates an instance in the Wokrspace.

If you are having any other approch which i can consider.

Thanks,

Arpit

Check the rules on your form to make sure that you are calling the rule to start the workflow when you Edit the item. If you are using a different form state and/or a different button you will need to ensure the start workflow rule is added.

Hi All,

Thanks for your help and comments, they were really helpful.

I was able to track down the problem which was stopping the Edit Process.

• Edit Process was triggered/started by "svc-gbl-tstk2svc" i.e. the Service account and it was not having the privilege to start the Process, Once i provided the service account with the Start rights to the Process, there it was.

Hopefully this works for others who are facing the same issue.

Cheers.!!

Thanks,

Arpit