Skip to main content

Hello,

I am working on a K2 workflow design where I want to set a Destination user/Team from our internal Contact Management System. As far as I know K2 can only assign workflow tasks to security groups or accounts in AD. But we want to implement all authorization from our contact management system and not from AD.

Can you please let me know if we can a solution wherein K2 can have integration with 3rd party contact management system instead of AD.

There are two sides to this question:

First, assuming that the content management system can ultimately return AD accounts for the contacts:

That would depend on the integration options offered by the contact management system. With K2, you have the ability to consume web services out of the box with our EndPoint Service brokers, so that could be one option.

If your content management system is SQL or Oracle based, there is potential to use the out of the box SQL or Oracle service brokers to retrieve data. (Please refer to your vendors guidance on how supportable this option would be.)

If your content management system has an .NET API, then there is room for custom development where you could write your own service broker.

The goal here is that if you can find an integration point with K2 via a service broker either OOB or developed, you can create a smart object. Once you have a smart object for the required data, you can easily drop that into any destination rule to provide it with who those people are.

The second half of this question could prove to be a bit more complicated, but achievable:

If the content management system does not provide you with AD accounts, but some other sort of account. It is going to be a matter of have a K2 user manager that can support those non-AD users.  This could need to still be coupled with a service broker because you would potentially need the broker to search your contact management system for the desired users, but if they are not AD users, then you would need a security provider to authorize them.

Hello,

Could anyone please give me more detail steps to do this? We have almost same scenario with this case. Currently we get Userlist using smart object in a string format with ',' separator. For example: domainuser1,domainuser2,domainuser3.

Could anyone tell me how to set destination user correctly in runtime and dynamicaly.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Hasyim

@ @Nur_Hasyim I would suggest this recent thread regarding dynamically setting destination slots.