Skip to main content

Within Sharepoint I have a case structure that consists of a Parent List which can have many Document Content Types.

My process gets kicked off when Document Content Type A gets uploaded under a Parent List.  Then during the middle of the process in order to continue Document Content Type B must be uploaded.  In order to satisfy this I have created a Sharepoint Workflow Integration Client Event. 

My problem is I don't understand how to create a rule that states when a user uploads Document Content Type B and its under Parent List 1 then continue the workflow instance associated to Parent List 1 instead of Parent List 2, or 3.  What am I missing conceptually here? No where in the Wizard did I specify some type of ID in order to find the correct process flow instance.  For example when I have used Windows Workflow or Metastorm in the past in order to perform a client event in the middle of a process you needed to send the distinct Worflow instance (GUID or other Unique ID) in order for the correct process to be moved to the next step.  I don't know how to do the same with K2 and Sharepoint using the Wizards.

I hope this makes sense and someone can help with my question?

Be the first to reply!