Skip to main content

Hi all,

Anyone know a simple way to bring the First and Last Name fields in the AD Smartobject? I need these fields for a form as Displayname is not adequate (it comes out as back to front in our AD environment) when trying to sending email notificiations using the APPROVERS name in K2 Studio Workflows.

Can you add these 2 extra fields to the AD Service Object? If so, can someone show me how?

Thanks

Unfotunately, there is not a stock AD service broker that provides those fields.

You are looking at having to write your own assembly to access these properties.

If the DisplayName property is in the form of FirstName, LastName, can't you split this field on the first comma and get what you need?

We ended up creating our own WCF web service for use in conjunction with the WCF end point broker for accessing AD, but you could try the Dynamic Active Directory Service in the marketplace:

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Dynamic-Active-Directory-Service/ba-p/869

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

@sbrown - I did suggest to K2 that we try to split the displyname. -This is how I achieved this when the End-user submitted the form. (I used K2 Designer)

However, the same expressions are not available within K2 Studio Workflow to do the same with the PARTICIPANT (i.e. Approvers Name)

The displayname in our organisation from AD is returned as "Surname, Firstname" (there is a comma and space after surname)

If anyone can suggest a way to split the displayname using K2 Workflow, then that would be awesome.

Thanks