Skip to main content

Greetings,

I have created a SharePoint list form and published it with Desktop, iPhone, iPad, Smart Device and Windows Phone options. It works fine on my desktop, however, when I tested it with my iPhone and iPad, the form does not show up. I am able to access the list and site collection after authenticating so I don't think it is a permissions issue.

Also, I have Chrome installed on my iPhone and it works fine but not Safari. Has anyone encountered a similar issue or have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Tam

It could be SharePoint intercepting the device channel. Is this on 2013? Is Mobile Browser View in Site Features activated?

Thanks for your response Andrew. We are still on SharePoint 2010.

When you are in Safari, and browsing the site and not on the form, what does it look like? Do you see the entire site as if you were on desktop, or is it text only with limited links?

I think you are onto something. I see the entire site as if I were on the desktop. I have worked with SharePoint 2013 in the past and I know there is a setting to toggle back and forth from mobile and desktop views. Always thought that SharePoint 2010 automatically defaulted to mobile view if using a mobile or smart device.

SharePoint 2010 does redirect to the Mobile /m view when in default settings. If those have been changed by feature, or by changes to the mobile config file then the behavior will be different.

But if you are seeing the Safari browser the site as if it was on desktop, then I would assume the desktop device channel would kick in. When you click on New item and expect to see the form, what happens? Can you upload an image? I'm imagining a blank screen from your earlier description.

Do you have the Nintex App installed? That's where the mobile forms will be deployed to.