Skip to main content

I apologize in advance for probably getting the terminology wrong, but I have only been working with K2 for 2 days now.

I have an existing workflow with a variety of activities, and I'm creating an aspx page (which will end up in a MOSS site) which needs to display all the items a user is currently assigned (I'm calling it a task list), with links to the SmartForms that are associated with the activities. I have been looking in the K2 and K2Log databases to try to figure out where this is stored, but I haven't figured it out. The only thing I found that was close was the "originator" field, but that's that necessarily the user assigned to the next activity in the workflow. 

Can someone let me know where I can find this information, and if I'm even going about this right? Can this be accessed directly through a SQL query? Is there an easy way to retrieve this information through the K2ROM object model? Or an easy way to add a SharePoint web part with this data without using any code? Any advice would probably help right now.

Thanks!!!

David

Development environment: K2.net 2003, ASP.Net 1.1, Visual Studio 2003, SQL Server 2000

Hi David

There is a K2 Tasklist webpart available for MOSS for use with K2.net 2003 that sounds like it will meet your needs.  Note that its part of the K2.net®️ 2003 Additional Components for MOSS 2007 (3.6340.1.0) download available on the K2 Portal site for customers at https://portal.k2workflow.com/downloads/product.aspx.  These components need to be installed on your MOSS server. 

Take a look at the K2.net®️ 2003 Additional Components for MOSS 2007 Configuration Guides for instructions on installing and enabling the webpart.

If by chance you need to have a more custom worklist then you'll want to program against the K2ROM vs directly against the K2 databases.  There are examples on the K2 Underground Blackmarket for 2003 about building custom worklists that might also help.  Take a look at:  http://k2underground.com/K2/ProjectLanding.aspx?ProjectID=10

I hope this helps.

Tim