Skip to main content

Hey guys,

We have a process that dynamically assigns Destination Users based on fields on our InfoPath form.  Each activity is set up so only the assigned user can perform that task.  I was wondering if there's a way to designate a "super user" that has the ability to execute any task from this process, however I don't want this person to be constantly receiving email notifications for these tasks.  This would prevent having the K2 support group redirect a task if a user is no longer with the company, etc.

Is this possible?  My preference would be to have this user in a SP list that K2 looks up so that the system owner can easily maintain it.

Thanks in advance...

It seems doable.   Your destination code and email template will use this sp to lookup the special user and not email it to the person.

I agree with Peter that it should be doable if you're willing to write some code in the locations he mentions.  The key point to understand is there is no true "super user" in K2 that has automatic task actioning privileges.  People must be assigned the task in order to action it.  Thus Peter's suggestion to extend the assignment logic as well as modifying the email notification logic to selectively ignore these people when sending the emails.