Skip to main content

I have a process that is stuck in the "Running" state. Has anyone come across this problem before?

I've found an error in K2Error.txt but still am not sure that has a null reference.

13-04-06 02:12:07 RunLoadedProcess: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SourceCode.KO.ProcessInstance.ExecDestQueue()
at SourceCode.KO.ProcessInstance.Run()
at K2Worker.RunLoadedProcess(Object obj)

Please post any suggestions.

I've tried redirecting the process instance to another spot and then back
I tried starting and stopping the K2 service

Michael Fischer

Is it only a single instance of a process that is displaying this behaviour or all instances of the process?

How did you export the process to the K2.net server - did you use K2.net Studio or did you write your own application to do the export?

Check that the user account that the K2Server service runs under has sufficient rights on the K2.net server to 'modify' the directory <drive>program filesk2.net 2003 and it's subdirectories.

check the K2server.config file located by default in <drive>program filesk2.net 2003in - verify that the 'datasource' value is valid for the environment the server is running in
One more thing - check if any restrictions have been placed on the growth of the K2 and K2Log SQL databases - I've seen similar behaviour if the K2 database cannot increase in size for some reason (usually when the option to allow DB growth has been disabled)
Hi There,

We have the same problem where processes gets stuck in a 'Running' state.

The problem we have is that the process doesn't exists on the K2.dbo._procinst but it does exists on K2Log.dbo._procinst with a status running.

Any sugestions on this?

Thanks
What version of K2.net 2003 are you running?

Is this process maybe a child process of an IPC Event?
Does it happen with ALL instances of this specific process or did it only happen with ONE instance?

Regards,
Ockert

PS! Wat se die stemme?
We are running K2.Net 2003 with SP3 (Version: 3.5335.1.0).

This has been happening before we installed SP3.

No it isnt a child process of an IPC...

- As ek jou se wat die stemme se sal ek jou moet dood maak...
Van,

First, you need to get your hands on the latest SP3 build v3.6090.1.0 (from the portal). I think the build you've got is still a BETA build.

OK, so, it's not an SP3-specific issue and not an IPC issue.

ALL/FEW/ONLY ONE instance(s) of a specific process?

What does the ViewFlow look like?
What is the last Event definition - Client Event or Server Event? Has it been finished? What happens in this Event?

Regards,
Ockert
I started with SP4, and I just managed to get a workitem under test to be stuck in Running state. If I try to stop or kill it with K2 Service Manager, the service mgr would hang.

What do I need to do in the database to clear this item?

All I have in code is from Start to a test Activity.