Skip to main content

According to the documentation from K2, View Participate (Process Right) allows a participant, i.e. the user defined as the destination user for one of the process activities, to view the details of the process instance. The user will only be able to access process reports and the activity instance once it has reached the activity for which they are a destination user.

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/current/webframe.html#reference-ws_mcon-workflow-processes_processrights.html

i have a destination user called jdoe and when a task is assigned to him, he is not able to view the view flow.

His process right for this process is Start and View Participate

17024i0977AFB494C9371C.jpg

You need to grant the view rights.

If you look in the linked document the description is this

Process View permission rights (process view aka View Flow but also includes statistics etc).

This is not well defined but we have run into this before.

But the issue is if i give view right, that user can view all process flows just changing the id in the url. right?

That is correct. A person with this access can see any view flow for that specific workflow by manipulating the URL. They cannot see ones from other workflows. K2 does not have much in granular security. Just curious why seeing the view flow for another different process ID would be a concern?