Skip to main content

Dear all,

When I create a K2 flow with InfoPath integration in K2 Studio, and I assign a field of my form as the Folio, would it give problems when I launch multiple flows with the same Folio?

For example, I launch a K2 flow with Folio field 'Article Code' which opens an InfoPath form. I fill in the "Article code" field as 0000 and I click Submit. The Folio of this flow will thus be 0000.

A couple of minutes later, I'm launching a new flow, again with Article Code 0000.

What is going to happen when the next user in line to process the InfoPath form submits his changes for one of the forms? Will the other form be submitted automatically as well? Or does K2 know the difference between these two flows by its process instance IDs?

The reason why I'm asking this is because at a customer we believe we bumped into this kind of behaviour. 

Thanks in advance,

Kr
Klaas 

Having processes with the same folio should not cause any issues.  The folio is more a description field that I typically use to help identify that particular process instance visually for the end users when they're looking at their worklist or running reports.  Behind the scenes K2 uses the K2 Process Instance ID to unique identify each process instance.

From your description although having multiple process instances with folio Article Code 0000 will not cause a K2 system problem it might be a problem for the end users when they're trying to complete their tasks and wondering exactly which one they're working on.  I typically append some unique identifier to the Folio field to help with this.  Maybe something along the lines of "Article Code 0000 - ProcID2323".

Hope this helps.

Tim

Thanks, Tim.

I'll change the Folio field the way you described!

Kr

Klaas