Skip to main content

Hello,

I have two processess that appear as Running in Process Overview Report (Process Instance = Running, Acitivity = Active, Event = Empty)

There seems to be no error, and the process instance does not show in the process instance list under K2 Workspace Management. So i cant retry it or move it or do anything with it.

Anyone have a suggestion what i could do?

Dear , 

To be on the same page i want to ask u couple of questions , 

do u mean the tasks list in workspace ? you start workflow process but u dont see it in the tasks list ? 

best regards .

"Running" typically means it is currently doing something.  For example, I have some repeating events in workflows that take some time to complete.  While it's doing that, it will say "Running".  Sounds to me like it is stuck, if it says "Running" for a long time.  Perhaps the reason you don't see what Event it's on is because it's stuck trying to "start" the workflow?  Have you tried looking at the View Flow?

No, i mean under Management Console in the workspace, Workflow Server -> Processes -> _processname_-> Instances.

Usually, if a process is in Running status you can see it in the instances, and do stuff with it. 

Victoria, ive checked the View flow and i see its stuck in one event, but theres no error, it just says the events status is Empty.

But because its not in the management console i cant retry it, or move it by using Go to, or even delete it.

Hi,

I have seen issues like this before, I'm not aware of any way to show those instances in the workspace.

I couldn't find a reason for this issue but the client was transferring data from one field to another with two different data types and on another instance on another activity there is a SMO event (read method with no input "ID"), somehow K2 didn't raise an error for those instances.

if this is development I would suggest to delete the version  of the process they're running on with clearing the history to remove them.

then walk through your process and make sure that you're doing everything correctly.

Please upgrade to the latest version of Blackpearl (4.6.11) if possible.

are you using K2 BP 4.6.6? 

The processes are running in production and we are currently using version 4.6.8

I did some more research and i see that I have alot of instances of the same process in this condition, all seem to be hanging when geting information from our MS CRM using the built-in CRM events. Im wondering if they are faulty? 

I should probably issue a support ticket seeing that this is a bigger problem than I initially thought.

Hi,

I highly recommend this, there must be a reason why they are hanging on this event.