Skip to main content

I've added some new fields to my Infopath form using the same configuration as other fields that are already on the form but when I run my process and check the Process Instance Data there is no value for the Data Field that I created. I've setup my Data Event to read the xml field and store it in the data field from the from and i'm not having any luck. I can see the fields just fine in the Object Browser so i know they are not hidden. Am I missing something else? Please help! Thank you, Jamie

Again Verify data event wizard

è Select “Transfer Data”

è Source should be “XML field in Infopath”

è Destinations should be “Data Field”

if it does not work, then you can try below code in server code event

String xml = String.Empty;

XmlDocument doc = null;

try

{

//Get the XML Field string

xml = K2.ProcessInstance.XmlFieldsr"FormName"].Value.ToString();

//Load up the XML

doc = new XmlDocument();

doc.LoadXml(xml);

//Create a name space manager for InfoPath

XmlNamespaceManager nsMgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable);

nsMgr.AddNamespace("my", doc.DocumentElement.GetNamespaceOfPrefix("my"));

//Assign your data field here

K2.ProcessInstance.DataFieldn"DataField Name"].Value = doc.SelectSingleNode("XPATH OF XML Field", nsMgr).InnerText;

}

catch (Exception exception)

{

throw exception;

}

finally

{

xml = null;

doc = null;

}

I was able to resolve the issue by managing the data connections in the InfoPath Form, I opened the connection and modified the Submit Workflow Service data connection, once I went through all the steps to modify it I saved the form and redeployed my workflow and form and it now saves the newly added fields.