Skip to main content

I have a client activity which runs in a daily loop (because I have to change the destination person sometimes) - so far so good - but I will send an email reminder, if the task is older than a week.

This can't work because my activity gets never older than a day. I try to solve this by calculating a date field with the expected date in a week and make a dynamic escalation on this specific date. Nice it works - but ...

In some situations (for example the server is not running, the activity is in error or something else) it happens that the process isn't running on escalation date - so the activity restarts and the calculated date is older than the start date of the activity. The process runs into error, because K2 don't like this (I wonder, why there go in error and not simply ignore the "old" escalation, or fire it)

I can't Retry the process - because the calculate field is still wrong - I can't Goto a specific point in the process, where the field is recalculated because it is not possible to make a Goto Activity in Manager Console for a process which is in error ...

Has anybody an idea how I can solve this problem?

Give this a read

http://srikantha.wordpress.com/2007/05/18/dynamic-escalations/

I think the approach mentioned in the blog is worth a look, even though it is for 2003.  Here is a variation:

Before just starting your loop, have a server code event which calculates the expiration date and put it in a process-level variable.  Inside of your loop, but in an activity before the client event, have a server code event which looks at the expiration date.  If it is less than the current time, set it for something like the current time + 1 minute.  If it is still in the future, don't change it.  Then in the client activity, use the escalate ON and use your process data field. 

David

ya what he said. Be sure to let us know, how it goes, and post back with Q's.  Remember, if you do something really cool share it!
Thx - this sounds good. I try it.