Skip to main content

I'm running into an issue with submitting InfoPath forms as part of a K2 workflow. The strange thing is that the error only occurs in the test environment, but works fine in the development and production environments. The only difference between dev and test is that the dev environment contains all components (K2 server, SharePoint, etc.) and in test and production the components are on separate machines.

The error I'm receiving varies for some reason - sometimes it's "An error occurred querying a data source" and other times "An error occurred while trying to connect to a Web service". As far as error logs go, the errors all seem to be related to a (401) error, "Unauthorized".

I've read some proposed solutions saying I should set "DisableLoopbackCheck" to 1, but that's already the value in all environments. (Source: http://www.k2underground.com/forums/p/14003/41347.aspx) At this point I'm really at a loss as to what is going on. As far as I recall nothing has changed since the process was last working.

I have a process in which a developer instantiates an InfoPath form, fills it out, adds attachments, and submits it. The attachments are uploaded to a SharePoint library. Because the attachments are coming from InfoPath, the developer's credentials are used -- NOT K2's. Therefore, you might want to ensure that you (and others in the development environment) have sufficient rights to the SharePoint library you're using.

HTH,

Tony

Thanks for the response.

The users that are attempting to submit this form all have sufficient rights on the SP site collection we're using. That was the first thing that was checked when the error first started ocurring.