Skip to main content

Hi ,

I have a Problems creating SharePoint List Items where the List has Lookup fields

By this do you mean that in a K2 process when you create a new list item in a list where there are lookup fields the list item does not get created?  What happens? Any errors?

Hi ,

Yes you right .. I mean while creating a list item thru K2 process , am not able to assign values 4 the lookup columns.. It gives an erroor while updating the list .. Thae error indicates that this field can't be updated bcoz its readonly ..

Hi ,

This is the error i am getting in K2:

Server was unable to process request. ---> Invalid data has been used to update the list item. The field you are trying to update may be read only

Hi,

What value are you trying to insert to the items' lookup field ?

How do you get that value ?

In SharePoint the real content of a lookup field, is "ID#;Text" where ID is the "ID" field of the targeted item, and "Text" the value you see in the sharepoint dropdownlist when you edit your item.

Maybe you have to build up the value in the form "ID#;Text" before inserting it to the new item.

Hi ,

I tride to build the value as per the given format but still im getting the same error :

Server was unable to process request. ---> Invalid data has been used to update the list item. The field you are trying to update may be read only. ---> Invalid data has been used to update the list item. The field you are trying to update may be read only.

It does not allow me to assign value to this lookup field ..

Hi. 

Just get the same problem. 

In SharePoint2010 managed to save lookup value in format "ID;#Name".