Skip to main content

Hi, I have installed k2 blackpearl SP1 on computer A that contains MOSS, IIS, all K2BP Components and the Client Components and Visual Studio. On computer B is installed the Database.

The setup completed successfully and I can create, deploy and test any solutions.

After the installation I wanted to configure the K2 blackpearl] Features in the SharePoint Central Administration but there is no entry to do this.

The setup shows me, that the K2 for Share Point (MOSS) components are installed successfully.

The K2 Service Account has the right "secundary Site Collection Admin"

I started the setup a second time without any result.

Please help me, where I can install the K2 MOSS Component Entry

THX Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Just so I completely understand the issues you may be having, can I confim your setup? I'm guessing from your description, your setup is as follows:

Machine 1 has

• K2 BlackPearl
  • Visual Studio 2005
  • MOSS 2007

Machine 2 has

• BlackPearl Database
  • SharePoint Content DB
  • SharePoint Config DB
  • MS SQL 2005

I'll take a wild stab in the dark and suggest that you'll be having authentication problems as you are splitting the DB from the WFE. K2 BlackPearl utilises Kerberos  security rather than NTLM that most people are used to.

I think you should check out http://k2underground.com/blogs/seb/archive/2008/01/25/k2-blackpearl-server-roles-component-installation-a-disambiguation.aspx for installation tips

kind regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

thank you, I will check the installation tip.

kind regards
Andreas

Andreas,

Were you able to verify Kerberos was needed? I am not sure if this is the case. In a standalone installation you do not need Kerberos. I am not sure when MOSS is involved if there are different ramifications.

When you did the installation of the MOSS components where to able to get the K2 to Sharepoint to show up? Also do you have two different service accounts for MOSS and K2 app pools?

Mike Trouard