Skip to main content

I'm installing my first K2 server.  Installation has completed successfully for blackpearl server, studio, and workspace, but I'm running into several issues when I try to configure Exchange access.  We use Exchange 2010.  Here are the issues:

1. When I try to configure SmartActions, the correct autodiscover url is automatically filled in.  I enter the network ID, password, and ID for the SmartActions mailbox that I want to use.  (If I don't do this, the "test" button for the Exchange server tells me that I need to enter the account information.   The specified account validates correctly.)

When I do this and hit "test" for the autodiscover link, I get this message:

"The specified server could not be verified as a valid Exchange server.   The following could not be verified:  - Exchange AutoDiscover"

I can ping the autodiscover server (same DNS name) from the K2 server, and autodiscover is working elsewhere on my network.

2. I disable the SmartExchange option and proceed to th enext screen.  I want to enable standard Exchange integration but not administrative Exchange integration.   I enter the name of the account (it has been given the rights specified in the documentation.)

When I hit Next, setup tells me that the Exchange server, EWS Url and MailBox Database fields can't be empty.    We use distinct servers for Exchange roles, so I'm not sure what kind of server (CAS, Hub Transport, etc) is being asked for.  Also, I don't know what the "mailbox database" field means, and the documentation seems oriented to Exchange 2007.

Could someone point me in the right direction?  Any help would be appreciated.

Hi rbonine,

I haven't really tried setup with exchange b4, but from what I know, you will need to have Powershell 2.0 and Exchange 2010 management tools installed on your K2 box. Do you have those?

For "Mailbox Database", I believe you can find the information from your Exchange Management Console, by looking into the properties of any mailbox under "Recipient Configuration" -> "Mailbox".

Account Permission wise, 

- Standard Exchange Integration requires ApplicationImpersonation Exchange role

- Administrative Exchange Integration requires Recipient Management or Organisation Management group in AD and have Execute rights on Microsoft.PowerShell

You will need to provide the "CAS" server in the Exchange Integration part of Setup. That is the role we are looking for. If that doesn't validate, please let us know.

As for SmartActions, it is sometimes necessary to manually configure them after installation, as the Setup Manager occasionally cannot validate things correctly.

HTH,
Gail

did you ever figure out how to get this done?  Same thing is happening to me?