Skip to main content
Hi,

This message means that your K2.net 2003 Server Service is not started.
If you start the service and still receive this message then it could be that the hostname of the server is not resolving to the correct address.

Hope this helps.

JohanL
Hi, i'm with a problem,
my OS : windows 2003 server
when i'm trying to register a new server, but i'm getting always this error :
unable to connect to server in port 5252 connect failed
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Any ideas?
Thank you all in advance
Problem solved, thanks

I'm facing the same issue

But the problem i that every time i start the K2 Service.... it just stops...

i tried to remove the k2 and then reinstall it, i repaired it, i reconfigured it but nothing seams to work 

Can anybody please help me

Easiest would be to enable logging:

Open 'C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlHost ServerBinHostServerLogging.config' with any text editor

Change:

<ApplicationLevelLogSettings>
        <ApplicationLevelLogSetting Scope="Default">
            <LogLocationSettings>
                <LogLocation Name="ConsoleExtension" Active="True" LogLevel="All" />
                <LogLocation Name="FileExtension" Active="True" LogLevel="All" />
                <LogLocation Name="EventLogExtension" Active="False" LogLevel="Debug" />
                <LogLocation Name="ArchiveExtension" Active="False" LogLevel="Debug" />
                <LogLocation Name="MSMQExtension" Active="False" LogLevel="Debug" />

</LogLocationSettings>
        </ApplicationLevelLogSetting>
    </ApplicationLevelLogSettings>

Make sure the K2 Âblackpearl] Server Service is stopped in the Services MMC Console.

Start K2 pblackpearl] Server in console mode:

Start -> All Programs -> K2 Mblackpearl] -> K2

If it dies on you, navigate to:

'C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlHost ServerBin'

and look for a file called something similar to: 'HostServer070912_11.log'

The appropriate error message should be captured in this file.

If it did not die on you when started in Console mode, the problem has got something to do with the User Account the Service is started under.

HTH,

Ockert

Thank you Ockert...

i enabled the logging and this is what i found:

"9790","2007-09-13 08:54:19","Error","System","2001","ServerStartError","SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostServerEngine.StartHostServer","2001 Error Starting Host Server: An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for sourcecode.smartfunctions.configsections.managerconfigsection: Could not load file or assembly 'SourceCode.SmartFunctions.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) (C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727Configmachine.config line 14)","system","MACHINE_IP","MACHINE_NAME","9790","3534dd516697477f8d759a4690942bf2",""

i checked the assemblies but they were of version 4.7124.1.0

Is that the problem? How to fix it?

Oops!!

Sorry, I only realized now that we're discussing K2 [blackpearl] in the K2.net 2003 forum.

Please re-post your question/problem and troubleshooting done so far in the K2 [blackpearl] forum.

We'll take it from there...

Regards,

Ockert