Skip to main content

Hi

i have a Problem in verifying the size of the data in the database for a process instance.

here's what i did:

1. i measured the size of the Data folder in the following path "C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL.1MSSQLData"

2. from the workspace i started a process instance, the process consists of 5 steps; each step has 3 actions - one of them is approve-.

3. i approved all the steps of the process instance . all of this from the workspace.

4. measured the size of the Data folder again.

to my surprise it didnt change.

i repeated this more than 10 times. nothing seems to be changing.

i am sure that all the k2 related databases are located on the same machine the k2 server is . i double checked this by running the configuration manager.

You will need to verify the location of the data files. It is possible to change the location of the data files using SQL Server Management Studio. To verify:

1. Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the SQL instance your K2 dbs are installed on.
  2. Expand the Databases node and select the K2Server db
  3. Right-click and select Properties
  4. Select the Files page and as part of the propeties you will see a Path field. Sometimes you need to scroll to right to see the Path field, as the default size might not be big enough to show you all fields.

i did as you said and it gave me the same path "C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL.1MSSQLData"

The actual size of the mdf file does not really indicate the actual usage as SQL server will increase the database files by a certain size depending on the configuration.

To check the actual usage, you probably need to use the sp_spaceused system stored procedure.

Thanks for both of you