Skip to main content

Symptoms

On our Stage environment we started getting error message each time the workfows start - "Primary Credentials Not Authenticated". Problem is related to workflows using smart objects. For simple workflows for instance sending only e-mail problem does not occur.

I have found in SQL table - K2STGConfiguration]..Server]..ErrorLog] the following stack trace:

Server stack trace: at SourceCode.Workflow.Runtime.Extenders.WinWFExtender.OnExecute(Object context, XmlElement data, ResolverManager resolverManager) at SourceCode.Workflow.Runtime.Extenders.ResolverExtenderBase.Execute(Object context, String data) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Objectt] args, Object server, Objectt]and outArgs) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg) Exception rethrown at 0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageDataand msgData, Int32 type) at SourceCode.Workflow.Runtime.IK2Extender.Execute(Object context, String data) at SourceCode.KO.ProcessInstance.ExecuteExtender(Guid , State , ContextType , Object , Int32 , String , Guid )

Diagnoses

We have no idea what can cause it because no K2 configuration was done. In order to fix this issue I already tried:
- K2 service restart
- iisreset
- K2 server reboot
- Run K2 setup manager and configure it once again
- problem occurs for my regular account and also for K2 service account
- checking connection to SQL and AD

We have this issue since a week already and run out ideas.

Resolution

It seems like someone / something has caused the String Tables to change, specifically changing the URL and connection string for the K2 server, which in turn caused the workflows to fail since they couldn't "find" the K2 server.

After you have corrected the String Table and restarted the K2 blackpearl service, it seems like workflows are starting correctly now without any issues and the "Primary Credentials Not Authenticated" issue has disappeared, since no other users have logged this issue again.

Be the first to reply!