Skip to main content

Hi

I have created a preceeding rule as I don't want an activity to start until to previous, parallel activities have finished. However the target activity expires as soon as one of the parallel activites completes and arrives at the target activity.

I was under the impression that the target activity would sit and wait until the preceeding rule came true. If not, how else could I make it wait until the two parallel activities have completed?

Thanks

Your expectation of how the preceeding rule should work is correct.  However, I have seen this kind of behavior if the preceeding rule is constructed so it can never logically be true.  Double-check your preceeding rule to ensure it is logically correct.

Thanks for getting back to me David.

I have two process level datafields. Each parallel activity sets one of the fields to true when it's complete, and the preceeding rule for the target activity is that datafield1 = true and datafield2 = true.

So the preceeding rule will start out false as only one of the datafields will be true when the first parallel activity complete, but if it waits for the second it should resolve.