Skip to main content

Two problems since upgrading to SP1:

1) Whenever I open a process in VS (or create a new one), I get the error "required attribute 'type' not found c:program filesk2 blackpearlinconfigurationmanager.config line 102"

2) When viewing reports in the workspace, I get "Please install MS Report Viewer Redistributable 2005 SP1 to view reports", but I already have this installed on the K2/reporting services server, as well as my workstation.

Any ideas??

Sorry nothing constructive to add but I have the same problems too.
Ended up doing a clean installation and the problems went away
radlard, did you do a clean install of the workstation, the server, or both?
To get around the 'type' error, I simply opened the config file specified in the error and removed the offending node.  It seems to be a reference to some 'beta' assembly, so hopefully it isn't needed.  That resolved the problem for me, but now I can't deploy (I started a thread on this in the General section).  I'm curious to see if you experience the same issues.
I'd be curious to know what you did a clean install of as well... I uninstalled blackpearl on my workstation and reinstalled it, but have the same issues.  Can a server re-install really be necessary?
I opened a case with K2, and they say they have multiple tickets open concerning this issue and it's being looked at by labs.  In my case, reinstalling the workstation components fixed the problem completely, so go figure..

I had to do a clean install of both workstation and server. 

Server was messed-up by a problem in the database update scripts.  It looked like the upgrade attempted to perform some of the steps using a non-enabled SQL account and then failed rather than integrated security as selected. 

In retrospect the only problem on the workstation was the rogue entry in the config file.  We've commented that out on other workstations and all appears to be ok.

Thankfully, my server install seems ok but I did have to completely uninstall and re-install off of the service pack 1 installation in order to get my workstation to function correctly.  Oh well, we aren't the only ones with this problem, apparently.

If needed, use the steps outlined in the KB article "How to uninstall K2 [blackpearl]" http://kb.k2workflow.com/Articles/KB000216.aspx to completely remove blackpearl from the machine.

-Mike