Skip to main content

Hi,

We are populating the Nintex Form dropdown from another list using external javascript which uses SP.Client context and CAMLQuery.

All the above works fine but the problem is when we try to save the form we get the below error

"Sorry, something went wrong"

I did go through few posts but dont see any solutions to get this fixed . Our form is very dynamic and requires the data to pulled from other lists and further requires data massaging using JavaScript before we populate the data into dropdown or textbox.

In order to resolve this, you need to add functions for the save and cancel button where you disable the dropdown list, for example:

function onSaveBA() {

NWF$('#' + ddlBonusAgreements).prop('disabled', true);

alert('onSaveBA - Bye');

}

function onCancelBA() {

NWF$('#' + ddlBonusAgreements).prop('disabled', true);

alert('onCancelBA - Bye');

}

You most likely need to copy the selected value from the custom populated (choice!!) lookup as well. In my case I used it to reduce the number of documents in the dropdown to select from and copy metadata from the selected document into the current, new document. As such I did not need to store the selected value from the custom populated dropdown anywhere else.

search for 'view state' related errors https://community.nintex.com/search.jspa?q=%22view%20state%22 

in general, manipulating form control's DOM is not supported, there are some workarounds that might suits you or not.

Hi ‌,

were you able to resolve this?

if so,  then if there is a post that helped you could you mark it as correct answer?

or otherwise, could you post your solution?

#BRGreview