Skip to main content

Hi,

I currently have a Nintex Workflow Cloud Form that needs a combo box with dynamic values in it. The list of items that can be selected will necessarily change throughout the day.

So far, we have constructed a Web API with an OpenAPI specification (Swagger file) to do this and via the Nintex Xtensions feature we can successfully make Web API calls to our bespoke system; we can subsequently use the obtained JSON results in Nintex Workflows as designed. However, can we use JSON objects to populate a combo box in a Nintex Workflow Cloud Form? If not, is it a feature being considered? Does a workaround exist on the platform to achieve what we're after?

I am aware of the x-ntx-dynamic-values Swagger file parameter extension, but this only appears to apply within the Workflow Designer, and not in Forms. I have considered using some other string as a searchable property and a regular text box instead of the unique identifier our system uses, but in our case the "name" of our item is not bound by any known standard and is unpredictable, even in context.

Thanks in advance.

@skh At the moment it is not possible to do this with Nintex Workflow Cloud forms. This is something that is on the roadmap and being considered as part of our data sources concepts. Please visit nintex.uservoice.com and add your vote for this feature.