Skip to main content

Hello,

I am new to K2 and am trying to build my first process.

We have a website that a user will choose an item from inventory to transfer it to another user. We have an inventory transfer infopath form we would like to use.

When the user clicks on the Item transfer button we need to pass to the process the ItemID, the current user id, and the new user id. This should start the workflow process which will send an email to the new user with a link to the infopath form.

when the user clicks on the link we would like to open the infopath form, and using the ItemID, current user id, and the new user id that should be in the process variables, using smart objects, populate the various fields in the infopath form with data from the Inventory Database, and active directory.

my problem is trying to figure out how to get this data to show up in the infopath form.

I have been trying to add code to the infopath form which will accept variables in the URL querystring, and then call the smartobject, passing in the Item ID to return the data from the database, with no success.

I have been able to pass variables into the infopath form, but when trying to access the xpathnavigator of the datasource input parameters I am getting a securityexception saing the request failed.

Be the first to reply!