Skip to main content

We started development with a dev virtual server for K2 services (we'll call it vDev) and my smo tables and stored procedures in a SQL Server instance which would become the production sql server (SQLProd).  I have a seperate production virtual server for the K2 services (vProd) and I was able to deploy my project and workflows, etc. to vProd and it uses the same sql server (SQLProd) for the user tables and smo stored procedures. Works great.

Now I have copied the user tables and smo stored procs to a dev sql server instance on a dev server. (SQLDev)  On vDev I tried reconfiguring the connections strings in the Service Tester to point to SQLDev hoping that the project and objects on vDev would continue to work but reading and writing to the SQLDev db.  Nope - error messges and everything breaks - something about missing objects (I tried this a month ago - undid the changes and everything is OK but I don't remember the error messages).

I'm going to have time to start this again and I'd like to get my totally seperate dev environment working before I upgrade to the latest version of BlackPearl on vDev and start K2 project work again.  What is the correct way to go about pointing to a different database with breaking things?

Hi Rick,

Once you Restored/Copy DB bits on SQLDev, then reconfigure the K2 blackpearl Server which you installed on vDev Server. Simply rerun the Setup.exe (K2 Setup Manager)of K2 blackpearl Setup and choose Configure option. during reconfiguration give your SQLDev Server. once K2 Blackpearl reconfiguration is done you need to re-register the SQL Service instance  in Smartobject Tester.  I hope this will resolve your query. Please let me know in case you have other issues.

Regards,

Hemant

Thanks for your reply Hemant.

I hope to get time to try this soon and I'll let you know how it went

Rick