Skip to main content

Symptoms

Picker auto insert value

Diagnoses

When you populate a picker control with data, the picker will also auto select a value and display it. By right, it should only populate the picker list.

Resolution

This has been logged this as a bug where the picker control will auto insert value in runtime. This will be fixed in a future release of the product. Which version, if any, this will be included in has not been determined at this time. Product Management makes these decisions based on criticality, customer demand, and other factors.

The workaround would be to use the "transfer data" rule to set the picker list and populated fields to empty whenever the picker value changes.

I'm having the exact same issue when trying to filter based on other controls putting in IDs into the picker. It auto populates the value with the 1st record.  When I try changing it - the value remains in the picker.

Any other suggestions or fixes?    I have scenario where user needs to 'filter' based on an ID and drop down isn't an options because it's over 200 records but the picker doesn't seem like it's works as expected.