Skip to main content

Symptoms

Performance Issues with K2 Smartforms Designer

Diagnoses

We have a form in our environment that is very complex. It contains 43 views that are arranged on 14 different tabs. It contains over 300 rules and over 1000 bind-able controls (including the rules and controls that bubble up from the other views). It takes over a minute to open the form in the design environment. It takes about 30 seconds to open up a rule or open up an individual data transfer action. We get similar results regardless of whether we use IE 11 or Chrome.

Resolution

Modify the k2's host server file to point to the loopback address to the smartforms runtime url. We conducted a goto meeting and looked at the designer interacting with his system. The task manager identified his internet browser (IE & Chrome) RAM climbed and maxed out his local resources and would peg at around 750MB. It started reaching into the local paging file, which was set at around 2Gb of Ram. I looked up Microsoft's recommendation to modify the paging to multiple the amount of physical ram X 3.

Hi,

I have a same issue with my application , it takes time to load a Home Page .

Can you please explained little bit clear , so that i can change same .

Looking for reply,, Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks In Advance !!!!

Regards

Ruchi

Hi Ruchi,

Please follow the instructions below!

If you are looking to browse from the local server, you will need to do the following:

1. Navigate to 'C:WindowsSystem32driversetc'

2. Right click on the 'hosts' file and select 'Open with' and select 'Notepad'.

3. Scroll down and after the last entry on a new line type the following '127.0.0.1', then tab and type the host name. (An example can be seen below).

You can also type the IP Address bound to the web site, you can find this in IIS, most of the time it will be the IP Address of the local server and this will show as 'Unassigned' however your server may have more than one IP Address and the web site may have an IP address bound to it, if this is the case instead of seeing 'Unassigned' you will see an IP Address.

1. Save the 'hosts' file. (If you are unable to save the file or overwrite the existing 'hosts' file, you will need to open an 'Administrative' command prompt and navigate to the directory above and then open the 'hosts' file in notepad and this will allow you to save the file).

2. Open a command prompt and type the following 'ipconfig /flushdns'. This will clear the DNS Resolver Cache.

If you are looking to browse from the remote computer, you will need to do the following:

1. Navigate to 'C:WindowsSystem32driversetc'

2. Right click on the 'hosts' file and select 'Open with' and select 'Notepad'.

3. Scroll down and after the last entry on a new line type the IP address of the server that is hosting the web site. For example: '10.0.0.1', then tab and type the host name. (An example can be seen below). Most of the time it will be the IP Address of the local server and this will show as 'Unassigned' however your server may have more than one IP Address and the Web Site may have a IP address bound to it, if this is the case instead of seeing 'Unassigned' you will see an IP Address.

4. Save the 'hosts' file. (If you are unable to save the file or overwrite the existing 'hosts' file, you will need to open an 'Administrative' command prompt and navigate to the directory above and then open the 'hosts' file in notepad and this will allow you to save the file).

5. Open a command prompt and type the following 'ipconfig /flushdns'. This will clear the DNS Resolver Cache.

Example:

I hope this helps!

Regards

Alan